My recent attempt to recompile the iOS client with the latest version of XCode has exposed a number of issues:
- The code is written in Objective-C, which is not well supported any more.
- Apple is constantly changing the architecture of its CPUs.
- My test iPhone is no longer supported.
- There is no obvious equivalent to the Android Navigation Drawer.
- My storyboards are large and unwieldy.
- My Hackintosh setup is stretched to the limit.
The only practical solution is to freeze the existing app, and possibly develop a new one in Swift.