Providing you are both using the same Google Play or App Store account, you can share your purchases. The Restore button on the Store screen will restore all your purchases, including the ones that were made on a different device, or by a different user. Even if you try to purchase an option again, you should not be charged for it. All the purchases are non-consumable, which means that you can only pay for them once.
There are a number of possible reasons for this, including the following:
- Only customers with given GPS coordinates appear on the map.
- You need to have location services turned on.
- You need to have an internet connection.
- You may need to change the Location Provider in your Hardware settings (Android only).
- Some cheap devices may not have Google Play services, or they may be poorly installed (Android only).
The Android and iOS apps both use the current system locale to format currencies, dates etc. This is the standard method for all such apps. The system locale can easily be changed on both systems. For the Android case:
- Start the Settings app.
- Go to the Language & input section.
- Tap the Language button.
- Select the desired locale from the drop-down list, e.g. English (United Kingdom).
- Go to the Apps section.
- Select the Sales app.
- Tap the Force stop button.
- Start the Sales app.
The procedure for iOS is similar. Note that the Sales Manager does not support multiple currencies, and it is unsuitable for this purpose. We have no plans to support such a feature.
For most tables, users download all the records in the table. But for the customers table, it depends on the individual record. If the employee id of the record is set to zero, it will be downloaded by all employees. But if it is set to some non-zero value, it will be only be downloaded by the user with the same employee id.
You have to create an employee record. The easiest way to do this is to edit the table, but you can also create a CSV file and upload it. The sample data includes a CSV file contaning one employee record.
Once you have created an employee record, you ned to update the server settings on your device:
- Set the server type to Hosting Service (for the Android app) or Real (for the iOS app).
- Set the company id to the same value that you use for the management console.
- Set the employee id and password to the same value as your employee record.
Your device should now sync with your company database.
You can restore any purchases that you have made in the App Store or Google Play, by tapping the Restore button in the navigation bar or action bar on the Store screen. This will restore all the purchases that you have made for the current iTunes account or Google Play account, including any that you may have made on a different device.
Yes. Providing you use the same Google Play or App Store account, you can transfer your purchases to another device. On the Store screen, there is a Restore button that will restore all your purchases, including the ones that were originally made on a different Android or Apple device.
Vanguard Software provides a hosting service for companies that want to use the Vanguard Sales Manager as a field sales system, but do not want to set up their own web server. Full details can be found in the user manual.
Annual subscriptions give companies 12 months for the price of 10. This represents a considerable saving for companies that can plan ahead.
Self hosting is for companies that prefer to run their own web servers. Full details can be found in the user manual.